Pets are lost each year; a small percentage make it back home. A lost pet can move fast in and out of entire neighborhoods to new areas that stimulate their curiosity. When this happens, an easily visible ID that contains up-to-date information can make the difference between a quick homecoming or fading hope and heartbreak.
- Traditional pet tags continue to serve as the primary method for identifying lost pets. However, experts estimate that nearly 60 percent of traditional pet ID tags contain too little or often outdated information, making them virtually useless.
- “Microchips” have become more mainstream (mandatory by law since 2006 in New Zealand) in pet identification. Although a step in the right direction, microchips have some concerning disadvantages. Microchip identification requires the missing pet to be transported to a location, during business hours, equipped with a RFID scanner. Microchip vendors also charge service fees, and administrative fees for ongoing updates to information related to the pet can become costly over time.
- City Council Registration Numbers are a city requirement but are very limited as well. A good Samaritan is unable to obtain any contact information from the City Council of who the pet owner is. Thus the next step for the Council is to have an Animal Control Officer pick up the lost pet and the pet is transported to the Pound. The pet owner is then contacted and is required to pay a fee of at least $75 to release the pet.
Our approach provides the pet owner with the ability to update their pet’s information with a few strokes of the keyboard…for free. Pet owners can visit their pet’s free online profile 24/7 to modify contact, vet, and care information. They can also publish photos, documents or any messages they wish to display (Missing or Last seen at…). Pet owners retain the ability to choose what information they wish to make visible within the pet profile.With QR My Pet, anyone equipped with a smartphone or internet access can quickly scan or type a pet’s QR My Pet ID to find out where they belong. This “Smart” approach places a much smaller burden on the finder of a lost pet. This convenient and quick access to limitless up-to-date information greatly increases the likelihood of a pet returning home quickly and safely.
- Provides a free online profile to store tons of info about your pet. Update at any time
- Stores all of your pet’s records and pictures for quick and easy access
- Sends Email Alert when scanned and notifies the pet owner